Philippines have a number of fiestas and these can be religious, cultural or both. Here is a list of some of the fiestas celebrated by Filipinos yearly. Foreign tourist would often visit these places to experience these fiestas. I’ve only been able to experience two so far, Masskara and the Ati-atihan I had attended was the mini version in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental when I was a kid. You may comment to add more fiestas celebrated in the Philippines so I can add it here.
- Ati-Atihan Festival, Kalibo, Aklan – Third Sunday of January.
- Feast of the Black Nazarene, Quiapo Church, Manila – January 9, 2018.
- Sinulog Festival, Cebu – January 15, 2018
- Baguio Flower Festival (Panagbenga Festival) , Baguio City- February 24, 2018
- Dinagyang Festival – Iloilo City – 4th Sunday of February
- Holy Week – March 29 up to March 31, 2018.
- Pahiyas Festival, Lucban, Quezon – held every 15th of May 2018
- Sandugo Festival, Tagbilaran, Bohol- last week of July
- Masskara Festival, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental – No exact dates yet, local government to publish the dates usually runs during October
Leave a Reply